Friday, December 10, 2004

Bye Mom and Dad

My Mom and Dad left Israel tonight and I'm sad. It is really hard for me to let them go. This time more than last year.

My mom is getting older. And she is fighting it!

My parents have a beautiful relationship. They are by no means perfect, but they are role models for me and Ari.

They are honest, they are real.

My mom is such an awesome help in the house. My laundry is done, I have food in the freezer. My Dad washes dishes and helps to clean up around the house.

I am by no means as neat and orderly as my Mom. But I have learned a heck of a lot from her.

When we dropped off my parents at the airport tonight, my father hugged me and said, "You are a great mom and a great wife." I never got that from him as a kid. And now, well, it is so wonderful to hear it!

I am truly blessed. I have a healthy relationship with my parents and siblings. I have a husband who loves me and acknowledges how much we can work on ourselves every day. I have children who understand that I would do anything for them.

Now, I just need to believe in me more.

I'm sad tonight. But I guess it's partly a happy sad...

2 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A "happy sad" can bring forth "happy tears".
No question, our parents are special people.
Love,
Big Brother

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are loved by more than your family.
Spaz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home