Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Women are nuts!

I just came from getting a manicure. I've been trying to find a place in my neighborhood to get a decent manicure. I have written before how a good manicure does well for my self-esteem. I am in my late 30s and yet I still bite my nails. Disgusting habit, nervous habit, painful habit - call it what you want, but I have been trying to stop for years and years. The only way to keep me from biting is by getting a weekly manicure. In the states, I would walk down my street and have the choice of over 4 different manicure places on one block. Not so easy here, or at least I haven't found a decent place yet. There is a russian woman who goes house to house on the yishuv, but I wasn't pleased with the manicure I got from her.
Today I paid more than I have in years for a manicure at a boutique type place in Modiin (the 'big city' down the road). The treatment was awesome, but she did a lousy job putting on the polish - I could've and would've done a better job myself. But it was the treatment that made it worth it.

That brings me to my title. I had what manicurists call a paraffin treatment. Basically you dip your hands in - or in my case today, they painted it on with a paintbrush - HOT WAX!! That's right, hot wax was spread on my hands, then covered with plastic wrap for 10 minutes, then peeled off. My hands right now are tushy soft! But when I think of the fact that I did it...

I must be nuts!!

I continue my search for that perfect manicure...

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Blogggggger

I love books and am glad to be on your site. If you want to find out more about......books then go visit http://le4u.com......You wont be disapointed..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home