Thursday, January 27, 2005

My Wednesday

I want to first put out a special healing prayer to my good friend Susan who is undergoing surgery as I write this. May Shoshana Chaya Bat Rachel have a full recovery, and may the doctors only find a big grapefruit and allow her to get back to a pain free life! Amen.

So today was one of those nothing-seems-to-go smoothly days.

It started last night after a very long and intense IM (instant message) conversation with old friend Etan G. I was trying to get him to read my blog post from the other night and was explaining how I had tried to encourage DB with his theme: Believe in Yourself.

Our dialogue back and forth turned into my ongoing personal struggle with belief – both in myself and in G-d. Etan and I usually “talk” via ichat (he is one of my friends who I am in touch with more now that I live in Israel than when we I lived in the States) But I was not giving into ichat last night. The tears were just flowing too readily and I needed my privacy. Once again, though, the written word was so therapeutic.

I went to sleep very late with a lot on my mind. When I awoke this morning, I knew I would have to get some more sleep before really starting my day. I took Ely to gan after MB and NED left and crawled back into bed. By 11, my phone had rung so many times, I decided I better get up and check my messages. It’s a good thing I did, too. MB had called from school. She had fallen off a chair and hit her head pretty hard. Her head hurt, as did her left wrist. Since she had early dismissal today (they do that in this country on the day they hand out report cards) she assured me she could wait until she got home. I made an appointment with the pediatrician and decided to take a bath.

Not happenin’!
One of the great extras that we liked about this rental house when we saw it, was the Jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom. It’s very impressive, except it doesn’t work!
The first week we lived here, after a long day of unpacking boxes, Ari filled up the tub and turned on the jets. As soon as he did, all the electricity in the entire house went out.
Now, it’s one and a half years later, and the landlord still hasn’t fixed it.
Last week, the kablan (contractor, who also happens to be our neighbor) came over with an Arab worker to replace the motor on the Jacuzzi. I guess they didn’t have the right size motor or something. He told me not to use the tub and they would be back this Monday. Today is Wednesday, and I wanted to take a bath! I obviously did not understand what they told me about why I shouldn’t use the tub, so I decided, “I want a bath, they didn’t come to fix it, I’m gonna use it anyhow!”

As the water reached a certain level, water started POURING out of the side of the tub where the motor is supposed to be. I suddenly had a flood in my bathroom! Ugh!! It was a waste of good hot water and my time.

So, no nap and no bath. And it was time to pick up Ely from gan.

MB’s van arrived late to pick them up, so I had to cancel the doctor’s appointment. By the time she got home, I could tell she was feeling a little better. We borrowed an ace bandage from our neighbor, wrapped her wrist and decided to wait it out.

At this moment my girls are all sleeping. Ely in my bed – for the last night I informed her. Abba is coming home tomorrow night! (Yeeha!) Didn’t hear from DB all day – which is a good sign. He just called to say he had had a hard day, but survived.
Thank G-d.

My Wednesday wasn’t so bad I guess. I don’t like when things don’t go my way. Control freak? Maybe…

One last thing. I was congratulated and told that I was nominated for a blog award. Something about Israel/Jewish blog Awards or something. I’m not in the loop enough to really understand the whole thing. But thanks to whomever nominated me. That’s pretty cool! May the best blogger win.

Good night:)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home