Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I shouldn't have eaten it...

...But glad i did! I think.

"old" friend visiting from the States.
Took him to Mevaserit Mall
KFC and McDonald's
He can say he took me to McDonald's for dinner!
I ate a hamburger and fries and coke.
And now I regret it
Can't digest it.

But the company was worth it.

Comfort people.
Makes everything worth it.
Friends since high school
Not married.
Should be.
Why not?
Makes me mad!

All my good friends should be married.
Why doesn't G-d let them be married already?
I don't get it?

It's been 29 years since he's been to Israel.
it's not the same country.
So much has changed.

You know those friends who have known you for years.
Really known you. Since you were a punky flirty teenager?
You don't have to be anyone else.
Comfort people.

Tomorrow we go to Neve Daniel.
Check out houses. Prices. Land.
Is it the right move? Right place?

Colder. Windier. Closer to Jerusalem.

Tomorrow another one of "our kids" goes back to New York.
Pretty soon we won't have anymore of "our kids" here.
We will be has-beens.
No one will remember us.
No one will know my kitchen.
No one to help raise my kids.

Tomorrow I bring clean socks to DB in Yeshiva.
Ari suggests turning them inside out.
DB thought that was gross.
He wants cereal too.
I'm happy to bring it to him.


Will everything be OK?

I shouldn't have eaten that burger!

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

"No one will remember us.
No one will know my kitchen.
No one to help raise my kids."

Um, excuse me, I know I'm not a "kid," but what am I, chopped liver?

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sarah Smile said...

I apologize! I am deeply thankful for my friend Chayyei Sarah. Very thankful!

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

old friends - comfort -forever
Spaz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home