Friday, January 14, 2005

Censored

OK, so I have been writing now for a couple of months.

My posts have been about various parts of my life.

It seems though that I might be crossing the boundary of appropriately shared info about my family.

Two of my biggest fans have pointed out that I might want to be more careful in what I write about my husband and children.

It's frustrating that I am once again being censored into writing not what is on my mind, but what is nice or respectful or considerate.

Now, G-d forbid, I would never consider myself any of these things (mean, disrespectful or inconsiderate) - at least not purposely! But I will admit that when I share a story about one of my children, or even Ari, my words could be taken as not nice or embarrassing.

And I am learning that part of this blogging culture means censoring oneself for the sake of others.

So I have decided on two rules:
1. I will not post anything about my kids - at least the three older ones - without them knowing or reading the post first.

2. The same goes for Ari.

I can appreciate that for total strangers, it doesn't really matter what I write and most of the feedback I have received is from readers who appreciate my candidness.

But for those who know my kids and husband, I will be more carefully so that when the time comes when you see them, you won't mistakenly say something to them or know something that would have otherwise been private.

OK- ENOUGH ABOUT ALL THAT!

Wanna hear a cute Ely Diddy?

Yesterday Ely had a friend over to play. Ari is the new little boy in her life. As they were ending their playtime, Ari came upstairs and was standing coyly by the door.

"You ready to go home," I asked.
With the sweetest little smile, Ari said, "I imagine that I could live here."
"Why is that?" I wondered innocently if maybe it was our toy collection.
"Because then I could play with my friend all the time and never have to ask my mom first."

Such young innocence.

And so sweet!

Good night to all. Shabbat Shalom.

Do something you've never done this weekend. Something special for Shabbat. And let me know what it was...

Smile :)


2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear SB, there are gedarim, fences, in ALL aspects of our lives. As Orthodox Jews we know that they have a purpose and our lives are better because of them. Sorry for the frusteration but I am proud of you that you decided on your set of rules.
Love
Big Brother

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Good for you, SB. I know that was a hard decision for you, but I think it's a good one!

Hm . . . something different and special this Shabbat . . . Hm . . . .

Love you!

XOXOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home