Monday, January 24, 2005

What do I miss?

As I sit here in my cold tiled floor home in Israel, on a Sunday night, listening to the rain POUR down (Thank G-d) for the 3rd day in a row, and reading online of the snow storm in New England, there are only two materialistic things I miss:
First, Sitting in my warm house watching the snow fall outside my window; and second, Watching a football game with the boys!

There is something exciting about watching the snow fall in front of the street lights as the plows come by and lock your car into your driveway with another 5 feet of snow!

Bundling up the kids to go out and play for all of 10 minutes before they complain they are cold and want to come back inside.

Making hot chocolate with little marshmellows and staying your pajamas all day.

Maybe even going out into the snow myself to shovel or make a snow angel.

Listening to the wind whip the snow up into drifts outside your door. Wondering if the tree branches are going to fall on the electrical lines from the weight of the snow.

INSTEAD, I sit here and wait to see if my basememnt is going to flood again...

Then there's the TV dilemma. This is the only time of year I wish we had cable TV. I want to watch a football game. Last year, Ari was in the states for the playoff game. So DB and Dovid and I went to a neighbor's house at 11 PM to watch the game. Then went back for a Superbowl party to cheer on the Patriots. Great fun. I love football.

Go Pats!

INSTEAD, I will wake up DB, who came home tongiht to watch the game at a friend's house, at 1:15 AM. And then I will go to sleep.

Changes...

We make compromises.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd pick the snow over the leaky basement - and we have had both over here! There is something comforting about a snowfall. But as the Rabbi says "Everything has a price."
Enjoy your choices!
BB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home