Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Ramblings….

Ari’s folding laundry – I didn’t ask him to. He’s watching DVD of Red Sox season. He’s smiling.

Parenting workshop today.
Don’t say, “If you don’t sit down, I’m not going to give you this ice cream.”
Instead say, “I want to give you some ice cream, could you please sit down.”

Too much control – not healthy parenting.

Too much criticism – not healthy parenting.

MB has a half cast for 2 weeks. She’s milking it for all she can.

DB took a test today in Hebrew. It was in technology. Not sure what that really means, but he said he knew most of the answers.

NED studied for an English test. How do you describe a bidder in an auction?

Ely had the upchucks and runs all day yesterday. “I don’t like when I’m sick.”

ME? Well I just got a call to schedule my first Yom Iyun; An all day (actually all morning, 9 – 1) workshop on Expressive Arts therapy for mental health professionals in Jerusalem.

AAAAhhhhhhhh! What am I going to do?

I have work to do.

I need sleep too.

Good night, until tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice ramblings. - and nice husband.
I like the positive slant on the ice cream -guess we need to habituate ourselves to speaking better to our kids.
SB, in regards to the YoM Iyun - Go Sar Go; Go Sar Go!
Love
BB

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, with all the other interesting things you had to say, due to recent similar experiences here, I find myself oddly fixated on your graphic descripton of Ely's ailment! Please kiss the little chamoodie for me! :-) Sure hope she feels better soon!

Love the bit on the positive and less controlling language to our kids. MUST try to do this more often too!

Miss ya!

XO,
Zahava

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah Smile,

As a result of reading your blog "Ramblings….", I think you will discover my site on twin baby shower invitation to be of interest.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah Smile,

After reading your blog "Ramblings….", I believe you will find my site on class free parenting to be very helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home