Friday, January 28, 2005

Neglectful Mothering…

OK, so maybe it’s because I’m a doctor’s daughter.

Or maybe it’s because MB was always the kid who “cried wolf.” You might recall the story of when MB said she couldn’t see and I ignored her, until the eye doctor said she needed glasses. There was also the time I thought MB was ignoring me and it turned out she had fluid in her ears, couldn’t hear me and needed tubes.

You would think I would have learned my lesson by now.

But nooo!

She falls off a chair (not while sitting on it of course, she was standing and singing with her friends) and hits her head and hurts her wrist.

She comes home; I tell her it’s nothing. Today she goes off to the mall with some friends and I go shopping in Jerusalem at Machane Yehuda. When we meet up at home again, the wrist still hurts.

Ari arrives home safely, Thank G-d. I ask him to take a look at MB’s wrist. He decides she needs an x-ray. After dinner he takes her to TEREM – the acute care facility in nearby Modiin.

And wouldn’t you know it, the child actually fractured her wrist. She came home with half a cast and instructions to see the orthopedist in the morning…

Parenting is NOT an exact science!

Am I neglectful or just laid back?

Or just stupid?!?!

MB doesn’t want me to feel bad. She’s a very sweet girl.

When things like this happen, it makes me question the one thing I actually feel the most confident about – my parenting.

Oh well…

Shabbat is coming. Brother Matt and family will be joining us; Along with brother and sister Cheses from Newton, Mass.

Shabbat shalom to everyone, With love.




2 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry.

I hope you have a nice restful shabbat.

~treppenwitz~

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB, as parents we try our best and then pray toG-d that what we do is correct and that we teach our kids correctly. Chalk it up to experience.
Hope MB heals quickly, G-d willing.
Love
BB
P.S Did you check out the head while you are at it!? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home