Tuesday, March 15, 2005

It's only the beginning

I'm not a political person.
Most of politics I don't understand.
But this I understand:
(taken from Arutz Sheva)

“The precision and organization of the more than a hundred people who took part in this was incredible,” one participant told Arutz-7. “We were in the street for about 30 minutes before any police or press even arrived.”

The protester, a non-observant Jew, said that he was alarmed at the fact that news photographers and cameramen refused to take pictures of him because he was not wearing a kippah (skull cap), focusing instead on protesters who were visibly religious. “I think the aspect of this protest most obscured by the media is that it crossed boundaries. Even drivers, stuck in traffic, got out of their car and bodily protected protesters from police brutality.”

The protesters were disciplined and didn’t lose their cool, he said. “There was not a shred of violence on the part of the protesters, who had agreed amongst themselves in advance to disburse once the police arrived.”

I know where this happened, it's not far from my home. I'm glad I was not in the backup, but would have supported it if I were!

What is going to happen to our Jewish home?

Does it really matter where we will be living in another 10 years? Will it even last that long?

I believe in the chosen people and the chosen land. But I am afraid...

My home cannot be given away.

P.S. With all the things on my mind these days, this is the least of them. But I was reading Arutz Sheva, and since everything else in my life just weighs too heavily to write about, this was the easiest. Everything feels heavy these days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home