Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Today

Today is Tuesday.
Today is my paternal grandparents' 70th wedding anniversary.
70 years with the same person.

I can't even imagine.
The tension is so thick here.
Every day feels like 70 years
Ok, so I exaggerate a little -- a little

Is this the aliyah blues everyone told us about?
The one that hits in the second year?

I'm having a hard time holding it all together.
I went over to my Israeli neighbor to try to tell him to come fix the bathtub he never finished repairing. I spoke to the wife. When she asked if we were buying or building, I broke down.
So embarrassing! The tears just came - to an almost perfect stranger (We don't communicate much. You know, the language thing.)

Another day gone by and no decision...
I have to hold it together.

I did laundry today.
I sewed a hole in a skirt, a pair of socks and a button on DB's pants.

I explained to NED that I am not screaming at her when I ask her for the third time to put the laundry away.

I say “NO” to MB who wants to cut her skirt shorter so she can hike easier in it.

I give ELY back her Polly Pocket after I had to take it away from her for not agreeing to clean it up yesterday.

And DB? He just came home after a two-day tiyul (hike). He doesn’t want to go back to school when he’s supposed to tomorrow.

I am the meanest mom on the block!

Made some phone calls about potential work. Sent out another resume. That’s something positive, right?

Will tomorrow be the day we make a decision?

Another day.

Another day.

Another day.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB, you might think that you are the meanest mom on the block, but in my head, I know that you are one of the nicest moms I know. You may not be mine, but you have helped me through so much and you are probably unaware of it. I miss you so much and I really hope to see you soon. I love you so much, SB. Please feel better...

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Special Ed said...

I just read this and my first thought was "Todays Thursday"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home