Thursday, June 23, 2005

What would you do?

If your 12 year old daughter came home - when you thought she was at her friend's for a sleep over and holding back tears she says, "I was at A's house and we were going to have a sleepover. N and L were there and when A got into the shower, N told me that I have to leave. She said that she and L were planning a surprise for A and I had to leave because I was ruining the surprise."
So she did.
Besides calling N myself, which is what I really wanted to do - what would you have said to NED?!

7 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Hinda said...

Give me these girls phone numbers. No one messes with NED!

 
At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went through the same thing as an adolescent. my mother repeadedly reminded me that people do things like that to compensate for low self-esteems. my mother reinforced how wonderful i was, all of those amazing qualities that i posses.
your daughter is a wonderful young woman. you can not protect her from everything. just try to reinforce her at home and help her to develop coping skills for this wild world. listening skills and empathy go a long way.
YOU are an AMAZING person. your parenting skills and techniques are well developed. you can do it and so can she!
-Your former NER NCSYer

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yeah, what former ner ncsyer said...

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd kick N and L but. then id sick hinda on em. then id wait for me and tonny to show up in the holy land and realy unleash a can of whoop-tush.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yeah just wait for us Sarah B *annoying-sidekick-ese*

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Special Ed said...

I like the way i say whoop-tush instead of what i really meant

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in the middle of the book Queen Bees and Wannabes. She discusses this exact sort of issue, you should totally read it. Then let us know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home