Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Where to begin?

When you haven’t written in over 2 weeks (or has it been more?), it’s hard to know where to start.

Do I just start with where I am today? Or do I catch you up with all the thoughts I have had over the holidays and wanted to write about but couldn’t sit down to do it?

I look around my house right now and wonder why am even writing this. Although there are no remaining signs of the holidays (except for a couple of Sukkah decorations that didn’t make it into the box), I still feel as though I am cleaning up after a huge storm. Most of the laundry is done from the dozens of guests that came through the house and dishes put away, but I still feel upside down.

Maybe it’s all the winter boxes of clothes all over the house waiting to be gone through for size and want and put away into closets.

Or Maybe it's all the left over food in the fridge waiting to be decided whether to be thrown out or eaten?

Or maybe it's the decisions that need to be made that keep being procrastinated.


Whatever it is, I need to write! It’s been too long and I miss being in touch.

So I thought I would write a couple of the headline thoughts I had over the last couple of weeks:

-“How to avoid high maintenance guests”

-“I wish there were no such thing as mental illness – of course, then, I would not have a profession!”

-“What I prayed for this year…”

-“Family and friend expectations”

-“When 18 girls is a whole HECK of a lot easier than 7 boys!”

-“Living with teenagers who push the limits to the very edge”

-"When your 5 year old finally becomes an Israeli – a LICE sighting!”

-“Ely learns to read 'sit', 'sat', and 'pat'”

-“How do you teach a 12 year old to accept her body when you don’t accept your own?”

-“Making decisions that only G-d can make”

-“House building…Do I really care?”

-“Professional stuck-ness”


Those should peak your curiosity enough to know what has been going on around here.

I’ll try to post more now that everyone is back to school.

Miss you!

2 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch! sorry about the kinim sighting! been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. :-(

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

-“When 18 girls is a whole HECK of a lot easier than 7 boys!”

indeed, indeed....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home