Friday, September 30, 2005

Waiting for the Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

It’s late Thursday night, it’s been a long day, and I’m starting to get a headache.

I need sleep.

But I wait for my pie to be finished.

Wednesdays and Thursdays are hard days.

Wednesday I saw three clients. Today I had group supervision and saw one client.

People are in so much pain. Why does there have to be so much pain in the world?

Second-hand trauma. We used to talk a lot about that in graduate school.

Trying to just BE.

Getting better at it.

Needy people.

I’m needy too!

Rosh Hashanah approaches.

Prayer.

Cooking, baking and guests.

Pie is done.

Shabbat Shalom.

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"People are in so much pain. Why does there have to be so much pain in the world?" - I ask that a lot too. Something to pray for...that there should be less of it. I guess a good place to start is with ourselves. NO?
GS,
BB

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger brainhell said...

Good pie. Warm.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger smb said...

When something happens, there's always a reason. the thing is to keep working on ourself so we don't have to have these troubles to wake us up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home