Monday, February 20, 2006

It was a very weird experience...

...to unexpectedly be face to face with the only other guy I dated seriously enough to think about marriage.

I was sitting in the front window of Cafe Hillel when, without even recognizing and seeing him come in, I was confronted with, "Hey Sarah B" and the sweet familiar smile and face of the only other guy I ever thought about marrying. (Did I say that already? Think I'm still a little stunned?!)

I don't think I have seen him since his wedding, which I think I showed up to long enough to wish a mazal tov to him and his family. His oldest son is in high school now. We definitely haven't been face-to-face since the last night we went out - 18 years ago.

He is here checking out job opportunities before making aliyah and was meeting someone at the cafe. We didn't speak for long.

But it was long enough to get my memory bubbles moving.

I remember our dates. He was alot of fun. He was a mensch.

He always had a sweet smile. He treated me nicely.

I loved his family. His sister-in-law was one of my best friends back then.

I think he liked me alot. But something was missing for me.

I remember the night I told him I didn't think it would work. It was a very hard break-up, because we liked each other, but "it" just wasn't there for me...

I AM SURE that as he sat at his meeting today, he thought of NONE OF THIS!

I on the other hand, am still remembering...


'Cuz that's what I do.

With a smile :)

3 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

:-)

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often wonder why I have not bumped into any old "friends" from my past. What was then, was then...nothing more. What we have today we can use for the greater good. BB#2

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger brainhell said...

I think it reflects well on him
(and you) that you were invited to his wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home