Thursday, July 27, 2006

Revolving door and random thoughts

Since we moved into this house, we have not been alone - just our family. Not that I'm complaining.

I only wonder if it will ever be just the 6 of us? Then again, isn't that why I built such a big house?

I only wonder...

Amy came before we moved and moved with us. When she left Lisa came down from the north to take refuge from the bombings. She is welcome here indefinitely. My MIL came the same day and left this morning. Ari's best friend came on Sunday and is here through Shabbat.

I have my own room and bathroom and can shu tthe door away from everyone. I like that!

Last night (AND THE LAST 4 NIGHTS) MB's friends have been here until late. We asked them to leave at 10:30 last night. They like hanging out here. Isn't that why we built such a big house?

DB went into Jerusalem early this morning to take the theory part of his driving test. Is it true that my little boy will be driving by the time 2006 is over?! He's just a little boy!

MB is learning how to sew again. She is taking a sewing class with some friends in the town next to us. She has already made two skirts. This makes her grandmother very happy!

NED is getting a lesson on how to stick to one responsibility. She took over for another friend working at a backyard camp here on the yishuv. She and another girl are responsible for 6 or 7 six year olds from 8:30 until 3:45 Sunday through Thursday. She's never done anything like this before. Every night she asks if I allow her to take a day off. I hope this will be a good lesson/experience for her. She has ahard time sticking with anything...

Ely is trying to read and spell in English. Not very successfully. My other kids were all reading by the time they went into 1st grade. This is a new experience for me.
She calls out from the bathtub, "M-A-I, I'm reading to get out." I correct her. "You mean M-O-M?!"

Another day of life here...

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

dont worry Sarah B, you taught 3 other kids to read. you'll get Ely too.

sounds busy. sounds like...life.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger brainhell said...

It's no kibbutz, your house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home