Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Starting 1st grade

OK, so I just found out that sometime over the last month, while we were moving and unpacking, that I received a letter in the mail, from Ely's new school.

I have been in the habit of ignoring most mail because it takes too much effort to read the hebrew.

My friend Phyllis called me (her daughter will be in Ely's class) to tell me that I have to go buy Ely's school books and supplies, including her uniform (a t-shirt with the school name on it). I had no idea~

I hate not knowing what I'm doing! I hate feeling like an incompetent mother!

This is one of the most difficult parts of making aliyah!

My baby is starting 1st grade.

And I'll be in America when that happens. MAZAL TOV Yaakov!

I know, Mom, we all make choices!

I am trying to come to terms with not being in control.

Her father will be here. He's a good father. He's a good father. He's a good father! :)
She will not be late to school the first day. She will be dressed on her first day. She will have her backpack on the first day. (Does that sound convincing enough?!)

I have to go now and dig through piles of mail. I need to try to have some control...

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Special Ed said...

I believe everything but that being on time part

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have exactly the same problem! Especially with the war and finals being rescheduled, I get multiple e and snail mail messages every day. All in Hebrew. I don't know what is important and what isn't, and it takes me hours to sort through it. It is infuriating to spend half an hour deciphering an email that turns out not to apply to me. And then I trash ones it turns out I need. I find it one of the most frustrating things about aliyah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home