Sunday, October 22, 2006

Shabbat and driving lessons

MB went to a friend in Neve Daniel for Shabbat.

So while Ely was in school, DB, NED and I went to our local take-out place and bought food for Shabbat. I never do that!

We cleaned the house, DB set up my candles.

No stress.

Friday night DB made kiddush and hamotzei (prayer over wine and challah). We sang. Ely told us the story of Bereshit (the story of Genesis) that she had learned (and understood!) in school. She said it mostly in Hebrew!

Ely had her usual Friday night melt down, fell asleep on the couch, and DB and NED and I talked.

This morning I went to synagogue. Haven't done that in a while.

Relaxed. Socialized.
Quiet lunch again with the three kids. Singing. Torah discussion. Enjoying.

Missing Ari.
and MB.

Tonight I took DB driving! I drove up to the grocery parking lot and we went in circles. Besides almost hitting a pole, being rear ended by a taxi, and parking on the curb, he did great for his first time behind the wheel.

Wasn't it just yesterday that my Dad took me driving in the FCC parking lot?! Yesterday. I could swear it was yesterday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home