Sunday, October 29, 2006

WInter is here

In Israel we skip Autumn. No leaves turning beautiful yellows or reds. Barely any crisp sunny days. The rain begins, and it's cold. Our stone homes collect the cold from the outside and stay that way until May or June.

The rain started on Friday and continued throughout Shabbat day.

So this morning, I have begun the arduous task of digging out the winter clothes from our new storage room in the attic. We have containers full of sweaters and coats. And supposedly, I planned spaces for them in the new coat and clothing closets. We'll see if it all really works.

Ely demanded wearing her purple winter coat this morning - which we bought for her three years ago, and still fits! - and her gloves and scarve.

To our old Bostonian friends, it still feels like spring. But to my kids, who welcome any sign of winter, it is freezing outside!

I love the layers.

Ari left this morning for his Alyn Hospital bike ride from Jerusalem to Eilat. I hope the weather is kind to them.

I'm off to find my winter clothes and start my busy work day--

Shavuah Tov, Good Week

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home