Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A week later and a lifetime of change

Firstly, I am happy to report that Ari is home safe and sound. He was gone for his longest trip to the States yet, and it was very hard for all of us. He got home, we went out for diner at Burger's Bar and he is asleep with Ely - the big kids are out doing their Bnei Akiva thing. I am here. Trying to collect my thoughts and write about the experience of UYO.

Have you ever had the experience that you thought you would never be able to do something and then when it was over, you didn’t want it to end?

To those of you who read this blog, who know me, and I know you, and you haven’t done the UYO course…then you should! There is absolutely no reason not to! No reason!

If you are feeling stuck
If you are feeling like nothing matters
If you are feeling like you don’t know if you or anyone cares
If you feel lost
Or if you DON’T feel…

Do it!

I’m a therapist. I feel. My training was all about feeling. So I’ve done this feeling stuff before. But it was a long time ago. A lot of years ago. A lot of moves and decisions ago.

I learned that I am loved. I love. And it’s my choice!

The entire four days seem like years ago, even though it was only 3 days ago. The entire experience feels like it never happend. I feel the shift within myself, but it's like, how it happened? Never happened.

And as I see that I am having difficulty expressing anything real here personally, allow me to share with you a poem given to us by the amazing UYO-Israel instructors, Beth and Eric. The poem is written by Marianne Williamson (I have no idea who she is!)


Our deepest fear
Is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of G-d, your playing small doesn’t serve the world.
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are born to make manifest the glory of G-d that’s within us.
It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to so the same.
As we are liberated form our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.



I am so very deeply thankful to my dear friend Sarah B for organizing this program here in Israel and for Shimmy Trencher, for being the original UYO junkie.

It’s your choice! Story A or Story B! You have your own personal power!

6 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger MOD Director said...

SB:

We watched "Akeela and the Bee" Saturday night with the kids. That poem is in the movie. Watch it if you haven't already.

Remember, when it comes to life, let us not be measured by quality of output, let us be measured by quality of outcome!

BB#2

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Devora:-) said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE!!!!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger houseofjoy said...

SB - I love you!

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did UYO at shimmy's urging in july 2004, and it completely changed my life. i took my wife on it, some of my closest friends, and it's a great experience every time. but you've only done 1/2 of it. you need to go back and assist - you get a whole other point of view and it's so incredible.
congrats on your experience!

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second what Devora said. :-)

Your presence at UYO was so amazing. Never forget the power of your presence! Thank you for coming and being so open and brave and really "there."

I love you!

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah Beth,Beth here...Instructor/mostly new friend, thanks for the kind words. The course is amazing and it keeps working. I did my UYO course 11 years and I am still learning at every single course.
It was a privilege to be surrounded by such passionate, caring, people.
Love beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home