Thursday, January 08, 2009

The morning after (copied from Facebook note)

It's a surreal experience to be in the hospital for days. Only looking out the window to see the world go by.

It's a new day. Dov has been moved back to the ENT floor, he's taken a shower and is sipping a cup of hot chocolate.

He will be here until the doctors feel the swelling in his throat is gone and they can take him off the IV antibiotics. I will stay with Dov in the hospital over Shabbat.

As to how this happened, I told the docs that I am the daughter of an infectious disease research doctor and they will not get away with saying, "it just happened." We want to know as best we can know where this bacteria came from and how to possibly avoid meeting it again!

I am tired. I need a head and neck massage and a healthy meal. Emotionally I am still on automatic. I fell apart when he went into surgery, but quickly recomposed myself in order to finish the night.

For those of you who know me, you know I have been thinking alot about the hows and whys of this whole experience. Everything happens for a reason. I will need to take some time to figure it all out for myself.

In the meantime, I thank everyone for their love and wishes and thoughts and prayers!

And I want us all to appreciate our ability to swallow without pain or interruption!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home