Sunday, March 01, 2009

It’s been a while: Stuff I’ve been thinking about

Sorry I’ve been so out of it – I go through phases.
So now here I am and I hope there are still those around to read this. But even if not, I need to write.

Here is some stuff I’ve been thinking about in no particular order:

- Life and death. I’ve been thinking very existentially lately. The whys and how-comes. The what-ifs and so-whats. What’s real and what isn’t? Not many answers, but lots and lots of questions. And it consumes much of my daily thoughts, leaving me with a feeling of being a little out-of-it. I’m sure it’s just phase.
- Wondering what I would do if I was diagnosed with a terminal illness?
- Parenting. What difference does it make? What works and what doesn’t?
- Relationships (still) and the difference they make in my life.
- Marriage. Do I need a husband or a wife? What’s reality and what is fantasy? Are our needs really supposed to be met? Or are we just supposed to live life whatever happens?
- Thinking very passively lately.
- Need work (still). Although I got a job offer working PT as an art therapist in a new program for English Speaking girls with eating disorders. I’d like to build my practice more, but not really sure how?
- Exercise. What difference does it make? Do I really feel a difference?
- Ari’s job. When am I allowed to stop being the supportive wife and demand some time and attention?
- DB’s new army life – giving my parental control over to the Israeli army. Coming to terms with no longer having any say in what he does or how my son exists.
- Teenage girls – supporting them the way they need and NOT the way I need!
- Not wanting to make mistakes with ELY. Enjoying her while I can.
- Money (still) or the lack of. Haven’t bought myself something new in months!
- Needing to finish organizing my office in the basement.
- Not really wanting to deal with Shabbat guests all the time.
- How great it is to be on stage! I want to do more, but am limited by Jewish law to sing and dance in front of men.

I could go on – but you get the basic idea…

Hope I can write more. I really do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home