Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sick as a dog

What does that mean? How does a dog get sick? And how sick can a dog actually get? And why would I compare how sick I feel to a dog? Just wondering where that statement comes from!?!

So I guess, if a dog was really to get sick and it was bad – that’s how I feel!

I haven’t been this sick in a long time. My usual regimen of Vitamin C/Echinacea/Zinc and Vitamin E didn’t seem to work. I started with a sore throat the day DB came home from the hospital. I took my regimen and felt my body trying to fight the “war.” I got a massage to relieve my tight muscles and was told I might get really sick.

Four days later, I had such horrible sinus pressure, I felt as if the right side of my face needed to be cut out! Teeth and all!

Stuffy head, runny nose and sneezing – a real cold! Even had a day of laryngitis.

Almost two weeks and I am still suffering. I sat with three clients today, blowing my nose, sneezing (or trying to), and sniffling.

Then my tummy started to bubble and cramp.

Yucky day. Came home from Jerusalem, and climbed into bed. Couldn’t move. Slept until 11:00. Now I’m up – can’t sleep.

I told DB I would help him clean his room – we already made two bags of give away clothes. He went out running. He goes back to the army on Sunday.

Wish I could fall back to sleep…

And wish I didn’t feel so yucky!

POSTSCRIPT: I wrote this Tuesday night, very late. The internet would not allow me to load the post. It's Wednesday morning now. Still feel like a sick dog (whatever that feels like). Want to stay in bed - but can't. Once my mind wakes up - I can't put it back to sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home