Thursday, February 05, 2009

DB called!!

I am a little put out by the comment from LTC - whomever that is - on my post "no call = more worry"

I am fully aware of everything the army is preparing him to do and I am very very proud of him!!

But I also know from many friends who have had sons and husbands in the army that family is still very important in the army - especially mothers.
Several people have told me not to allow him not to call i.e give him permission not to call, because the boys/men need to call home. They need to touch base with home. They need to hear their mother's and father's encouraging voices.

So, knowing that, on top of the fact that DB was in the hopstial with a life-threatening illness only four weeks ago, makes me wonder and worry how he is feeling.

I trust he would call if something was not ok, but I do not like NOT hearing from him.

10 minutes ago he called.

"Hi Imma, I love you, I can't talk - I gotta go, I love you. I don't know yet if I'll be home for Shabbat. I gotta go I love you."

I asked how is he feeling. I think he said he was feeling fine.

I heard his voice. I know he is alive. I will wait to hear from him again.

And I will continue to pine away for his call, because that is what mothers do. He is not a baby, but he is my son - my only son and I love him. I worry and I care.

Thank G-d he is better and back to training.

1 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're a normal, healthy Mom. Keep up the great work! BB#2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home