Tuesday, February 03, 2009

No call = more worry

Second night without a phone call from Dov.

He is out in the "shetach" - not on base.

Maybe he doesn't have his phone, his phone battery died, he's not allowed to call.

The kid was in the hospital with a life threatening illness for G-d's sakes - don't ya think his commanders would have a little mercy on the mother?! Or he would?

I'm sure he is going to have a good explanantion and will apologize so I can't be mad at him.

But I don't like not hearing anything.

Makes my stomach tightening and my breathing shorter.

2 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep yourself busy. Remember, no news is good news (I guess). BB#2

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your son is in the army. He is not in summer camp or in a play group. His commanders' job is to turn him into a man who is self reliant, follows orders, fulfills his mission and looks out for his fellow soldiers. I trust they are doing that. Calling mommy is extraordinarily low down on their list of priorities - as it should be. He is being trained to stay alive in situations beyond your comprehension. Be glad for that - in fact, be proud of that. But stop pining for a daily phone call. He is not a baby anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home