Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I remember when...

I remember when I used to lay in bed talking on the phone to my boyfriend for hours at night before we went to sleep!

It was a little different then.
I didnt have a cellphone of my own.
I had to hope no one would pick up the house phone.

(Except for that one year when I had a separate Baltimore line from Frederick - THAT was the new technology - for NCSY. Which I used and abused - I admit!)

My mother had rules though. I wasn't allowed to be on the phone late at night.
I guess I was still in high school then, so she could still have those rules for me.

I would hide under the covers, with the lights out, pretending I was asleep when my Mom would come to check on me. Until I was caught. Then the phone was taken away.

So now, I knock on my daughters' doors, late at night, to give them a kiss and say goodnight, and find them snuggled under their covers, speaking to their respective boyfriends.

I smile, my heart flutters for them, and I remember when...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home