Tuesday, December 28, 2004

My favorite part of my day

OK, so I didn't write anymore about all my bullet points from last night. I meant to and will try to expound on some of them soon.

For now, though, I want to say I had a special stay-at-home-and-play-with-Ely-alone day.

I picked her up from gan, let her play in the park for a little and then decided on the way home that it was so beautiful outside that we would have a picnic on the grass for lunch.

Today was Dec. 27th (it's after midnight) and it got so hot sitting out in the sun that Ely went back inside to change into a short sleeve t-shirt (sorry to all of you freezing your little behinds off in the US!!)

Inside the house was freezing, so Ely set out a towel on the porch - she decided the grass was to "prickly" - helped me make the tunafish for sandwiches and carried our plates outside. The sun was luscious!!

She laid down on her belly and told me about her day in gan.

I appreciated the sun.
I appreciated the time with Ely.
I appreciated my ability to stop for 10 minutes and have a picnic with my daughter.

That picnic was the favorite part of my day!!

P.S. I had a special surprise visit from an old friend who I found out has been here for the same amount of time we have been here. (My kids call him "Daddy". It's a great story! but for another time...) Ari saw his parents at a wedding last night and gave Ari their son's phone number here. I called and he had time to come visit. That 2 hour visit was my second favorite part of the day! :)

Good night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home