Friday, December 24, 2004

Tummy ache

I made NED stay home alone today while I went to Ein Gedi. She has been complaining of a stomach ache for four days. Dr. Dad always said that stomach aches are the biggest complaint from children.
So I left her home and as I was sitting by the Dead Sea I made a doctor's appointment. Took her tonite.
Doctor checked everything. Said all internal organs are fine. It must be a virus.
If it's not better by Sunday (she's already missed two days of school) make her pee in a cup and take it to the lab.
Then he asks, "Does she complain a lot? Does she do it to get out of going to school?"

In front of NED what was I supposed to answer?

"I don't know. I'm not sure." Was the best I could do.

When I was her age, unless I was hemorrhaging, I went to school.

How to be sympathetic, yet know what's real?

I don't have the answer...

3 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parents need a speacial type of scope that allows us to look at our kids and see is something is REALLY wrong! 'Fraid I have bit of Dad in me and I push ti kids to go to school.
BB

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I know who you are- did you attend a college that starts with the letter "T"?

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Sarah Smile said...

Anonymous,
This is weird! Yes, I did attend a college that starts with "T". Did you? Should I know you? You can email me @ sarahbsmile@yahoo.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home