Wednesday, February 02, 2005

It’s 12:15 am, Why am I still up?

I put Ely to sleep at 6:15 tonight and slept until 9:30. I hate when I do that. I left MB and NED up on their own. Not a very good parenting technique! I’ll have to make it up to them tomorrow night.

Ari works late on Tuesday. He comes home hungry. I should be a better wife and have dinner ready for him. My Mom would do that for my Dad. Why am I so reluctant? It’s a small thing…but I know Ari would appreciate it so much. Why won’t I do it?

What did I do today?

Laundry
Phone calls
Paperwork
Emails

What, then, did I do today?

Ely walked home by herself from playgroup after gan. She walked right in the door like her big sisters do, took off her coat, dropped it on the floor (like her big sisters do!), and announced, “I’m hungry!”

She’s figured out how to play games on the computer. pbskids.com has some great age appropriate stuff for her. She doesn’t have to read to be able to work them and she sits for way too long playing. It’s like the TV used to be - An electronic babysitter. I justify that it’s educational…

I just realized that I never heard from DB today. Hope that’s a good sign. Both that I didn’t call him and he didn’t call me.

I miss having him home.

Better try sleep, otherwise I’ll end up sleeping the day away tomorrow.
What will I do tomorrow?

P.S. Happy Birthday to Sandra!


2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dinner waiting when the husband comes home - I think Mom has set a high standard for us all. Dinner for the husband but how about an ethusiastic greeting when ever the wife walks in the door? We need to have recognition, especially in this day and age, that being able to walk through the door at the end of a day is NOT something to take for granted!
Love
BB

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

hey Sarah B!

its tonny, long time no speak! its great reading your blog! ive missed y'all so much!
Sarah B, dont worry, you're a great wife and mother. nothing to worry about. this coming from someone who has known you for at least 10 years. i hope that means something.
i didnt realize you had a blog, so ive been spending the past day or so catching up (im not the only dude to do that, right...? or am i jsut a loser?). good stuff Sarah B. i like it. so whats going on with the blogging jewish/israeli award thingy? keep us posted!

Karben Nesanel [ben Avraham]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home