Thursday, February 10, 2005

My Girls

Ely had a playmate over to play after gan today. I was doing my thing around the house and heard them up in her room.

“Ely?” I called up to her in her room. “What are you doing?”

“We’re playing pillow, Imma. I’m the pillow and Ari’s laying on me.”

“Ely, why don’t you come downstairs and find a puzzle or a game to play with…”

Boy, do they start younger these days!!


NED came back from basketball with stories of “something really big that happened.”

It seems that this friend got mad at that friend, that friend ran off to cry in the corner, NED went to comfort that friend, so this friend got mad at NED for not sticking by this friend. Now NED doesn’t know whether to be friends with this friend or that friend.

Got all that?

MB came home from art with a stunning painting of a cat. What a little artist my MB has turned out to be. She’s in the “My-life-stinks” mode, though. Why? Because she lost her new coat, broke her wrist, is frustrated with her back hurting all the time, doesn’t understand math, and doesn’t understand why everything is always so “inappropriate” for her.

I miss my DB. He’s so simple…

“Wanna take some cookies to school DB?”

“No, I won’t eat them.”

“How about some instant soups or chips.”

“No, I already have some from last week that I didn’t eat.”

“Do you want to take an extra pair of pants with you this week?”

“No. I have one for the week. That’s enough.”

SO simple.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home