Monday, March 28, 2005

Family Meeting

We sat down with the three "big kids" last night - ELY had passed out on the couch, so she was there physically - to talk about what was going on in our family today.

WE tried to explain a little about money and how savings and banks work. We tried to explain how we really want what's best for our family.

We tried to tell them that we know they are happy here and do not want to move, but house prices are way above our spending limit here.

We tried to explain how, if we stayed here, we would not be able to live like alot of their friends live - with trips to the states all the time, fancy vacations, lots of clothes, etc.

WE tried to make it clear that we thought they were great kids and they have trusted us up until now to make the right decisions for them, and we would continue to trry to do so.

I think our words were received well (except for maybe NED who just wanted it to end so she could go to her sleep-over!!)

I wanted to be open and honest with the kids. No secrets. If the unknown and anxiety was killing me, I could only assume they were feeling it also.

It's a frustrating process. I worry and need to know what is happening more than Ari. We deal with situations completely differently. (I won't say anymore than that for here and now...)

I really want and NEED this phase to end soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home