Friday, March 25, 2005

Grumpy and still going…

I get grumpy and moody when I don’t get my way.

I get angry and feel unappreciated.

My kids just drop and go. Ever heard of that phenomenon?

“Drop and Go”

It’s the big kids version of “Seek and Destroy”, the common phenomenon of 1-2 year olds.

But I don’t have little kids anymore. Except for Ely who thinks she’s a big kid (until she needs me to wipe her tushy), I have teenagers who drop whatever they had in their hands wherever they are and go. Go onto the next thing or walk out the door or forget what they were doing or just don’t care.

I pick up shoes 20 times a day and put them on the steps. I pick up ponytail holders and socks and peices of paper that no one else seems to see - even though they are stepping over them or even ON them!

I’ve been in the kitchen all day cooking and baking. I have asked my children (the girls only, because DB only came home tonight after 11 PM) to straighten up the house, clear off the table so we can set it, put their things away.

When I came out of the kitchen, what do you think I saw? Everything! Everything exactly where they had left it – half a table cleared off, stuff all over the house, their backpacks sitting on the steps even though they walked up the steps ten times today.

As you can probably tell, I’m frustrated and tired and feeling unappreciated and taken for granted.

I’m anxious about my workshop next week and haven’t had much time to get my thoughts together. I’ve been reading my old notes and textbooks. I know I used to know this stuff, it’s just been so long. I don’t want to make a fool out of myself and I don’t want to embarrass the organization. Anxiety!

So when I need everyone else to be organized and put together and clean (and perfect) for me because I can’t seem to get it together myself, I get angry. I’m angry at me, but I take it out on them!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I really have great kids. I work them like crazy. When their friends are out riding their bikes on Friday, my kids are helping me get ready for Shabbat.

So I really can’t complain.

I just need to tonight.

Blah blah blah – OK?

Full plate, but that’s always been my life –

Shabbat Shalom and Purim Sameach!

3 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Blogger Hinda said...

Hey SB! I'll make sure to pick up after myself next time I come! Purim Sameach! Oh, and I had you in mind when I was at Target, so now you're yotzei!

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yes you do have really great kids.
Sarah B dont worry, you can complain once in awhile. sometimes it just doesnt register in their heads that they shoulda picked up that peice of paper that they just stepped on. or bring up their bags. even when you look at your bag going upstairs, you're not thinking about it, and you forget. but dont worry Sarah B, they learn it sooner or later.

a freilichen purim to you and your whole mishpacha Sarah B!!

b'ahava
Tonny

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Little Sister,
1) Its OK to kevetch , especially on YOUR blog site
2) You really need to speak to Risyl - she could have written that piece!
3) Prioritize! Your talk is paramount right now - leave the other stuff for a week and kick it out of the way!
4) Less than a month before my PhD defense!
Love
BB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home