Friday, August 18, 2006

Sunburnt at the pool

I took Ely and NED to the all-girls swim today at a great pool in Kibbutz Nachshon, about 20 minutes away from our house. (MB is away on a Bnei Akiva trip.)

Except for this past Sunday when I took all the girls to the all-girls beach in Tel Aviv, this is the first fun thing I have done all summer. This house has killed me!

And so, I floated and swam and just relaxed. And it was awesome! (Ely also taught herself to swim in the 3 hours we were there!)

But now, my poor usually unexposed skin is crispy red! Shoulders, front and back - burnt and tingling...

I'll live.

And I'll go back. I love the pool. And the Israel sun? A little dangerous, but glorious when you're near water.

Only two more weeks left of vacation

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

refuah shleimah!

dont think of it as 2 more wks left, but as your whole life as a vacation, just with certain differances between your vacations. one you're helping people by going in their heads, another you're having fun with your family. they can be hard, but hey, not all vacations can be peachy.

i hope that helps Sarah B. have an awesome shabbos.

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunscreen can help prevent such suffering in the future. Aloe vera might help with the current problem. And yes, pools are fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home