Sunday, May 10, 2009

Living in calm

When I was a teenager, I lived for crisis.
Everything was a big deal, everything was a crisis, and if it wasn't, I made it into one.

Maybe I got older, maybe I matured, maybe life just calmed down...or maybe I now have daughters who pull out the drama of everything for me!

Whatever it is, life seems so much less dramatic for me. Maybe I'm just too tired to react. Maybe I can't be bothered?

Lots of maybes.

I watch my daughters. They are dramatic. Everything is a huge deal for them.

I let them carry the drama for me.

And so I feel more calm -- at least for now - until the next crisis!!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Mom said...

Darling Daughter---what you are feeling is called "contentment" !! Up until now you've been to busy raising your children to take the time to "see" all the goodness you have around you----enjoy their enthusiasm----You're a great Mom, just ask your husband :) Hugs, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home