Monday, August 17, 2009

Expectations and Disappointments

I expect people to be nice.
I expect you to want to do what I want you to do.
I expect my son to call me, to tell me what the army doc said about his foot.
I expect to be pain free.
I expect my guests to help out however they can.
I expect people to want to.
I expect not to make any mistakes.
I expect perfection.
I expect you to be perfect
I expect people to think before they act.
I expect you to understand what's really going on and not just react.
I expect myself to be all knowing all the time.
I expect myself to avoid receiving or giving pain and keep others from facing and living with their pain.
I expect to get my way whenever I want.

These expectations and many many others, exist in my world.
In my fantasy world.
In the world I wish I could control the way I wanted to.

But the reality is not.

As I am not perfect and I am unable to meet my own expectations most moments of the day.

And so exist the disappointments.
In myself.
In others.
In the world.
In human nature.
In G-d's plan.

If I didn't expect, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Still trying to learn that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home