Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's real?

It's that question again...

People are so complicated. Life is so complicated.

Nothing or no one is simple.

Everyone has their own story.

Is my life real or is yours?

I might not live my life the way you do, but does that mean it's not real? It is for you.

Why would I live my life any other way than the way I know how to right now. That is real. For now.

So if it's a lie or extreme or different than what other people do or think or believe, does that make it not real?

I don't know.
How do I know?

Right now what is real for me is that I am listening to Country music over the internet while typing this; MB is on a plane flying across the Atlantic Ocean, coming home; DB, I assume, is alive somewhere in the northern part of Israel, learning navigation, and whatever else he needs to learn; i have no idea how he is, how he is feeling, if his ankle is okay, if he's hungry or cold or lonely?; Ely is alseep in her father's bed; NED is in a car with her father taking our friend Adina to the airport. I'm tired, have a sink of dishes to wash, need to cook more tomorrow for Shabbat.
I am thinking about a long stream of people: DG, YG, YMB, SS, SB, VR, AG, CLR, YS, -- they just keep streaming.

So in this moment that is my reality.

But is it real? Still don't know...

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Mom said...

SB---one of the harder things in parenting is letting go----I don't think any books have been written on the subject, however, YOU and Ari have been exceptionally wonderful parents, and your 4 children reflect this. Now as they start flying the nest, know you have done your very best and the rest is up to Hashem. Take a class or read a book on "Bitochen", perhaps it will give you the tools to let go abit! NO MORE CONTROL as they hit there post high school years---you'll see and you'll be proud, just as Dad and I are about you and your brothers:) Big Hugs, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home