Friday, July 29, 2005

One more quick thought

If you ever thought parenting was hard, check out this blog post. I have been following Brainhell for months now, so inspired by his positive attitude and outlook on life. I don't remember how he and I "met", and I really don't know that much more about him personally, except for what I read. But I check in on him a couple times a week, eager to hear how he is managing and hoping to be inspired.

I take my parenting very seriously. Sometimes too seriously, I must admit.

I wish I could spend more time looking at the glass half full and not be so critical.

I wish I could be more patient and accepting of my imperfections, so I can accept my children's.

I wish I could accept my limitations so I could accept theirs.

I wish I could remember how it was to be laid back and not so uptight all the time.

My husband is a great father and he has minor physical (chronic back pain) limitations. But I don’t know that I would be able to manage the way Brainhell’s wife is. She is my hero!

I believe G-d gives us what we can handle.

Thank you Brainhell. I wish you well, and pray for your pain-free long life, even if I don’t know your real name!

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Special Ed said...

How hard could parenting be with your kids their the coolest

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger brainhell said...

Thank you Sarah for your kind words and thoughts!

OK, now a blogging question: How did you create the URL shown below, the one you used in your link to my entry?

http://brainhell.blogspot.com/2005/07/patriarchy-through-disability-dunno.html

I would like to be able to do that for my own posts (my template has a problem with the method I currently use). My email address is brainhell2003@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home