Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Quick check-in

Gotta do this quick while “the house” is still sleeping.

It’s 7:30 am on Wednesday.

I have already walked the perimeter of the yishuv in 30 minutes. My legs are pounding and I broke a sweat – so that makes it worth it.

I have to wake up MB and Ely soon to get ready for camp. MB has been co-counseling with another friend, a group of 8 – 10 little 4 and 5 year olds everyday, except Friday and Saturday from 8:30 – 4. She is awesome and I am so proud of her creativity and energy. (Who does she remind you of?) The camp rotates from house to house every fourth day. I’ve already done my time!

NED will stay asleep until she wants to get up – still recovering from overnight camp. Her voice is still very hoarse and I am wondering when I should stop being worried about that. I will soon get her up earlier and out of the house to volunteer or work or SOMETHING!!

DB comes home this Shabbat and then goes back on Sunday. He seems to be enjoying himself. “no news is good news,” I guess. He’s in that teenage ‘I don’t communicate’ phase. Yuck! I hate it! Where did my sweet little boy go?!?!

Uncle Elly Krimsky has been staying with us for the last week and a half – he leaves tonight. It was great for Ari to have a good friend around. We gotta find him a wife!

Dovid is still here. Brother Yaakov moves in on Saturday night. What a party it will be!

I went yesterday to look at some office space to rent. It was a small but full-of-light office in the heart of Jerusalem – perfect location. She will charge me rent by the hour until I can build up a practice. Best of all, she wants to redecorate a little and has asked me to help her do so – Woo-hoo! An office I can decorate! Now, I need to get clients…

I will struggle through another Hebrew-only group this morning. Thanks to my good friend, Atara, who left me with the question, “What do I have to loose?”, I have decided to stick it out for now. It’s frustrating to not be able to be professional, not be able to ask questions, or give feedback, but on the other hand, I’ll learn Hebrew and patience. So I will stare at these women as they cry and emote in Hebrew and I just smile and nod my head…

My ulpan teacher’s mother past away, so I want to go to the shiva house before ulpan tonight – we will no doubt have a substitute.

I have lots of deep pondering thoughts about the disengagement and the Kassamim falling in and near Gaza, and the soldiers resisting and settlers marching, but I don’t have the mental energy to write about it.

Off I go – time to wake up my household.
Why again is it my responsibility? Would anyone wake up if I didn’t wake them? (Including Ari?!)

What, again, is my job title/description?!

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Special Ed said...

ill be a client

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Dani B. said...

superwoman works as a good job title.

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you blogging again Suggers. Check your email.
love
BB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home