Friday, July 29, 2005

A quick update

Before everyone in the house wakes up, and I have to start my bread baking and cookie baking for Shabbat, I thought I’d throw out a quick post.

So I met with two clients this week, one at the clinic and one privately. Both very interesting cases. The first one is very complicated and I hope I can find the right prescription to help her. The second was much easier and she wants to meet twice next week!

I was very nervous going in, but it felt very natural for me. I realized I have been doing therapy for years – in my kitchen, at my dining room table, on my living room couches – but just not getting paid. This felt more official, yet easy and natural. I look forward to being able to build my practice and helping people to get to know themselves better.

We haven’t heard much from DB this week (he’s in camp here in Israel) – except that he needed two towels. I’m hoping no news is good news and I’m leaving him be.

MB is still working hard as a camp counselor and bugging us like crazy to buy her a cell phone. She says she will pay half the monthly bill, and I believe she will. I still don’t want to buy her a cell phone.

NED has done next to nothing this week. Part of me wants to leave her alone because it’s summer vacation and the other part of me can’t stand having a kid sitting around doing nothing. I told her that she would have to find something (which means I will have to find something) to do, at least twice a week, to help someone else. I can’t have her sitting around being selfish. It’s just not my parenting style.

ELY made her very first hopscotch board with chalk on our sidewalk yesterday -- and as I am writing this she has woken up, so I gotta finish fast – she made the boxes and wrote the numbers, albeit a little backwards, all by herself. She was so proud of what she had done she played on it until the chalk had rubbed off. So cute!!

Off I go. My kitchen is calling me. Shabbat this week is somewhat quiet. Only 9 for Friday night and lunch. There’s a family of 8 visiting from Baltimore, so we are hosting them for the third meal. That’s quiet for us!

Shabbat Shalom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home