Thursday, July 21, 2005

What makes you cry?

When we lived in Boston, and I had a television, and had nothing else to do at 11:00 every morning, I would watch Bob Barker on “The Price is Right” and cry like a baby! I can’t explain why – but every time someone would get called up or won a prize, I would cry.

I recently ordered online a Broadway’s Best CD. My goal is to keep my kids cultured. I want them to come to know and love the Broadway shows and classic hits I grew up and continue to love. I was driving home from Jerusalem, feeling very heavy in my heart for all the intensity going on in this country now, listening to my new CD.

“Shall We Dance” from Yul Brenner’s The King and I, started playing. At the music crecendo, when the King and Anna begin to dance arm in arm, I began to cry. What was it?

Was it the intensity of listening to the music, while driving along side an Arab village?

Was it my desperate longing to be onstage again; to be dancing; to feel the music in my bones?

Was it remembering my childhood? Thailand? A time so long ago, I sometimes wonder if it actually happened? (How many of you know that I lived in Bangkok, Thailand from the time I was 3 until 7 years old?)

I felt kinda silly crying then, as I finished my drive home.

It’s such a difficult time here. I can’t read the news - Can’t really understand too much on the radio - it’s just so depressing to me.

What is going on here? I’m not a political person – I don’t really know enough. But I know human nature and human needs.

People being taken out of their homes in the hope that it will stop the violence or bring peace, is a joke. It just can't happen. I feel so helpless!

It makes me cry all over again.

I need to daaven (pray) more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home