Monday, August 08, 2005

I live in Israel

I had one of “those” moments this morning.

I was walking back from getting a very-needed massage this morning on the other side of the yishuv. Even with my exercising, I have been feeling the sciatic pinch again. I thought I would get it worked on before it got even worse.

There are many talented people on this yishuv. We’ve got all kinds of therapists – physical, occupational, psychological, and massage. I have had many massage therapists in my pregnant days, but Vivi (the name of my current one) is really good!

The other side of the yishuv is only about a 12-minute walk. Ari had the car today, and since I didn’t get up early enough to walk this morning, I decided to walk home.

As I was walking, “it” happened.

I could have been walking in the desert in Arizona. The beige sand, the clear blue sky, the strong sun shining down – all typical desert scenes.

And then I see the Jerusalem stone on each of the buildings, and more obvious, the Hebrew writing on the trucks and buildings.

I’m walking along and I think, “I’m just a public school girl from Frederick and I LIVE IN ISRAEL!!!”

Sometimes it just hits me…

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Cosmic X said...

I know the feeling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home