Monday, September 07, 2009

The Good News, The Bad News and the Bad News in the Good News

That's how he said it to me when he called on Friday:

"Hi Imma! How are you Imma? I've got good news and bad news and bad news in the good news.

The good news, sort of, is that we were just told that we have the week off this week. The bad news is that I have to stay in for Shabbat because I got in trouble for falling asleep during guard duty.

The bad news in the good news is that I probably won't be home now for Rosh Hashana or Sukkot. Don't know for sure yet, but I doubt it.

So I'll be home on Saturday night and will probably go up north with the guys on Sunday and Monday. Tuesday we're going to have a BBQ, maybe at our house.

You and I can hang out on Wednesday and Thursday. K?"

Thanks DB.

Grandma says this is a good way for me to prepare to be a mother in law.

I have no say. I don't have a choice. I can have an opinion, but so what. You don't belong to me anymore. Someone else is your boss, they get to say when you come and go. And I have no more control over how much time you spend with me.

I can try to accept it, but I'm not going to like it for a very long time!

Reality? I'd prefer a little more fantasy right now...

Sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home