Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Living in Denial

I live in a country where war is a possibility every moment of every day. And yet, I live as if it will never happen.

The siren wails to tell us to prepare ourselves "just-in-case".

I don't go anywhere.
I stop what I'm doing.
I start to shake. The tears come without my control.
I feel the reality of where I live.
I think, "Maybe I should really have a room prepared with water and flashlights and food."

But then I don't.

The news tells us, "in case of an actually emergency, a second siren will sound."

I wait for that second siren. It does not sound.

I go back to what I'm doing.

Where else in my life am I living in denial?!?

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Suggy;
Suggest you store some water, food, flashlight, radio in your shelter. If nothing else, it will give you a stronger sense that you are in control and doing your histadlis, leaving the rest to the Almighty..
Hugs
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home