Monday, September 07, 2009

How I know when someone might not like me

It's a feeling.
A very strong feeling.
It's the way she looks at me.
It's the way she speaks to me.
Or tolerates my presence.

Maybe I intimidate her. Or threaten her.

It's the look. Or the exasperation.

The vibes are there.

From the beginning it's been like that.

I don't think I did anything. I try to be nice. Look her in the eye. Smile. Engage.

I was in the room for a few minutes before I said hello - I was talking to someone else. That seemed to upset her. I didn't acknowledge her right away. Maybe I should have?

Otherwise, it seems as if my mere existence makes her grumpy.

I upset her when I speak. Ask questions. She argues almost everything I say. Defensive.

Threaten? maybe? But why? How?

Do I really have to process it with her? What did I do?

Why can't she just like me?

Geesh!

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love you!!!!!
About the dream a few posts ago...do you think she read it?
Anyway...big hugs to the 4th grader!!!! (and everyone else)
Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home